I am still on a convention high from Connecticon two weekends ago. I still am going through all of the photos that people are posting on the facebook page re-living the awesome moments that we had. 



Here are some highlights from the last two days.


1. Death Match!

My sister and I look forward to this every year! It takes cosplayers and put them together in a match of death. The victory is determined by the audiences applause for their favorite character. What I love most about this main event is the randomness that happens in between  the matches. A couple of years ago one of the characters had a toy bear that the host Moogli commandeered. The audience as a whole named him Odin. Well Odin made a surprise appearance this year and it was great. 



Another one of my favorite moments was the winner of last years match Bill Nye the Science Guy. He basically stole the show this year as he acted as the death wrangler for those who lost. Every time he came onstage, the audience started to chant "BILL, BILL, BILL". 

Photo from last year with Bill Nye and Miss Frizzle
And this terrific 10 year old kid won Death Match this year. He was wearing stilts and walking up and down stairs. This kid had some serious talent and I am glad that he won.

A picture with Jack and Oogie Boogie before they won Death Match.

2. My first Cosplay Contest

This year I took the plunge and entered myself into a costume contest with Jane Porter. I knew I wasn't going to win, but I did want to push myself into doing something that I would not normally do during a convention. I am glad that I did this and it has taught me new things that I will take with me when I enter into my next one.



3. Riverfest!

As I mentioned before, this years convention happened the same time as Hartford's Riverfest. Lots and lots of food trucks and an amazing firework display. This year we had a prime spot from our hotel to see the fireworks. So my sister and I ordered room service ( the first time ever for me) and we enjoyed the view with air conditioning. 





4. Sword fighting

The last thing that my sister and I did was to visit a German Sword fighting demonstration. Oh my was that fun! Not to mention that we sat next to a guy that owns his own school and was giving us insight on the exercises they were showing us. And then, they gave me a sword. Well, not a real one. But there were giving lessons on the swords and I participated. Oh my was it fun! Makes me want to take up lessons. Too bad there is no where close were they give lessons. 




All in all, it was a wonderful weekend. Probably one of the best conventions I've been to in a while. I can't wait to go again. Here are some photos that I took of awesome cosplayers.



Tis only a flesh wound 

Power Rangers Pannel



Only 340 days until Connecticon 2016!


Leave a Reply