After many many years, I have finally convinced my little sister to dress up with me for Connecticon! I fully belived she agreed to do this only to shut me up about it. But I am so happy that we get to do this together.

And what costume pairing won her over you may ask? Well I am glad that your brought that up. When I first proposed this idea to her I was in my Yzma costume phase. I really wanted to do a Kronk/Yzma combo or a Yzma/Kuzko pair from the Emperor's New Groove. I thought this would be amazing since Allie does an amazing Yzma impression. I mean it is pretty spot on. But she wasn't fully into this idea which is totally fine. Who would want to spend hours putting on purple body paint.

Next idea was Shego and Dr. Drakken from Kim Possible. Again the idea was vetoed and I went back to the drawing board.

 By this point I am determined to find something that we could do together. Going though an intensive list, mostly filled with Disney character, I landed on Phineas and Ferb.  Initially I wanted to be Dr. Doofenshmirtz (yes I have a thing for crazy evil doctors) and Allie could be Perry the Platypus. I proposed the idea and it received a lukewarm response. I was ecstatic! This was more interest in an idea than anything I have said before. After talking it over more we thought it would be fun to go as the show's main characters Phineas and Ferb. Please cue the heavenly chorus here.

The duo Phineas and Ferb ( in case you have lived under a rock and don't know who they are)
Of course I would be going as Ferb since I am a good foot taller than my sister and Allie will be going as Phineas. I can't tell you how happy I am to be dressing up with my sister at the next convention. It is going to be a lot of fun. Be sure to look for us on Saturday dressed up at the duo!



Leave a Reply