Oh man, where did the time go? Hopefully you all have been enjoying your time while I have been sucked into my real world job.  


So for a long time, I couldn't figure out how to make buttonholes. I don't know why that is. I did all of my research and watched tons of tutorials. Still my buttons where holeless. One day this past week I sat down and tried it again. I said I wouldn't sew anything else until i mastered this skill. 



I am happy to say that after three hours, I made my first buttonhole. It isn't going to win any awards, but it is better than nothing. It's amazing what you can learn when you actually read your sewing machine's operation manual. 



These past few weeks I have also been starting to work on my Jane costume pattern. I already have the skirt pattern but I needed her top. No one has just the basic Victorian top that I need as a pattern. So I decided to try my hand at drafting a pattern. 

Also I needed  to make a pattern for her collar. Here is a WIP of me making the pattern. 


Hopefully life will slow down soon and I can get back to crafting more fun things. 

Merry Christmas everyone!


Leave a Reply