This weeks Astonishing Costume was actually found by a friend of mine. To be honest, I didn't have high expectations for this. I was thinking, "They really made that?".  But I stuck through to the end of the post and was rewarded with the awesomeness that comes from this group.

Without further ado I give you The Justice League: Renaissance Style.

Yes you read that right. Like I said before, stay until the end of the post.

Posted on her Livejournal page, J-9 took a concept that was thought of by herself and her husband and turned it into an epic group. It started off small with just her husband as Superman and her as Wonderwoman.



Slowly they started to add members to their League. Que the Bat!

Now when you have Batman you obviously need a Robin.

Think that is all? No way! J-9 and her group added players to their group. We have The Wonder Twins, Hawkgirl, Cyclone, Ice, The Green Lantern, Nightwing, and Star Sapphire. Whew. That was a lot.

Just when you think they couldn't add any more to this epicness, they do! How on earth did they manage that you ask? Well they need a villain too don't they? Bring in Lex Luthor. And look who followed him, it's Jimmy Olsen!

I cannot applaud J-9 and her group enough. The creativity that the group possesses is astounding and I wish that I can join them.


Didn't I tell you that it got better at the end of the post! I keep going back to look at all of the photos. If you want to see more take a moment to look the original post. J-9 goes into more detail about their group and how everything was made as well as more photos. They even came up with clever names for the Renaissance versions of their characters.


Leave a Reply