Time for another round of Astonishing Costuming! This week I am showcasing an incredible costume from Lisa Roberts. She created an amzing re-creation of Mr. Clever (aka the Doctor) from Doctor Who. Now when I started to do this feature, I promised myself that I wouldn't do a whole lot of Doctor Who cosplayers. Reason being is that I a huge Whovian and I would put everyone's costumes on here. But Lisa's costume is too cool not to do a feature on it.


For those of you who are not up to date on your Doctor Who watching (if this is true, then shame on you. :p) or just forgot who Mr Clever, here is a picture to show bring you up to speed.

Its pretty intense. Is it not? Just look all of those details. My head is spinning just thinking about it.

And here is Lisa's cosplay of this. Sit back and be impressed.



And here is what Lisa said about creating her cosplay:
"My first cosplay. Please be kind.  :P I made the cyberplanner (the face piece) by winging it (i.e. there were no tutorials out there at the time that I could find) and it was HARD because I am allergic to latex and silicone so it is VERY fragile and literally breaks every time I take it off. It does light up, but it is hard to see in photos - sorry! I also made the cybermite (the bug on my coat), which is based off of Brooke Dibble’s original designs, and the hand pulsar, which also lights up and gives off a slight “charge”, I also painted the floral pattern on the bow tie to match the pattern from the episode. The pocket watch is vintage and works. ( I need to find a way to secure it better though - keeps falling off when I jump around!) I also make a bunch of “extra” cybermites that I carry with me that I toss at people that I want to upgrade. (And I may have named all my extra cybermites Sheldon, and I may yell BAZINGA when I throw them. Yes I am a total nerd) Sadly, I can't sew to save my life, so the clothes were either already mine, or bought at thrift store ( gotta love those!!!)"-From her entry to Cosplay Blog on Tumblr

I love everything about this costume.My favorite part of her costume has to be the lights that she added into the mask piece (even though you can't see them). It is the little details in the cosplay that truly make it stand out from the rest. And it goes to show you that you don't have to be the best at sewing to find great items for your costume. Awesome work Lisa! I can't wait to see what else you come up with!

 Be sure to drop by her tumblr and leave her a nice message. 

Find Lisa at:


Leave a Reply