I have been waiting for this all winter! The Renaissance Faire season has begun! *does a little dance*. I'm sorry. I shouldn't be dancing like that on the internet. But seriously folks, knowing that this faire was coming up kept me kinda sane through this long cold winter(and Connecticon too). And the best part is that we have not one, not two, but THREE fairies to go to in Connecticut. Not to mention three more in both MA and NY.

But the one that I am going to tomorrow is based on the Robin Hood storyline. The first year they followed the story that we all know and love. But as the years passed, they started to make up their own stories with the characters. This year they have sleeping beauty, so we will see how that goes. My costume for this faire is one that was passed on to me by my mom. I am going as a Viking Princess. Why? I don't know. Part of me just wants to pull out my Russian accent  and not get strange looks from people.

Also pictured is my new handmade dress form. I am in love with it.

I did start to pack for my day at the faire. Now it isn't as intense as packing for a convention, but there were still a lot of things that I needed to get ready. So much so that I needed to make a list to see if I have everything. To help me, and all of you, I made a check list for the things that I need to bring to the faire. What do you normally bring to a faire?


Pictures to follow! It will be a fantastic day!


Leave a Reply