After 10 long hours of hand beading, I am happy to say that I finished my Snow White costume in time for the Renaissance Faire last Saturday. It was well worth the last effort of adding in the quilted bodice and  beading. So without further ado, here is the costume that I have been working on for a month now.

 
 
 
 

There are somethings that I would have done differently with this costume. I would have made it multiple pieces instead on the one jacket like this is. I feel that would have helped with the mobility of the jacket and make it more like the one used on the show. 

I do feel like I learned a ton on this project. There were new stitching techniques that I didn't know before that I will use all the time now (like understitching. Where have you been all of my life?). I have never done a lined jacket because I thought it was way to complicated. Now I am a lining master....ok well apprentice.

All in all. I have to say this project was a success.  


Leave a Reply